Thursday, November 8, 2007

Wasted

So... I've adopted a new life song for myself... actually it was one of my favorites about 6 months ago, and it just came back into my mind. Gotta love your Carrie Underwood, especially in her "Wasted" Song. Here are the lyrics, in case you're not aware of them:

Standi'n at the back door she tried to make it fast
once love hit the hard roadit fell like broken glass
he said sometimes love slips away and you just can't get it backl
et's face it
for one split second she almost turned around
but that would be like pouri'n rain drops back into the clouds
so she took another step and said I see the way out and I'm going to take it

Cause I don't want to spend my life jaded,
waiti'n to wake up one day and find that I let all these years go by, Wasted

Another glass of whiskey
but still don't kill the pain so he stumbles to the sink and pours it down the drain
and says it's time to be a man and stop living for yesterday Gotta face it

Cause I don't wanna spend my life jaded,
waiti'n to wake up one day and find I let all these years go by, Wasted

He kept driving along,until the moon and sun were floating side by side
he looked in the mirror and his eyes were clear for the first time in a while
yeah yeah Oh, I don't want to spend my life jaded
waiti'n, to wake up one day and find, that I let all these years go by, wasted (thanks to Cowboylyrics.com)

Aren't those the most amazing words ever? I don't want to wake up one day and find that I've let all my years go my Wasted. I'm done wasting time. I'm done being the prim and proper me, and I'm ready to be the me that God has called me to be. The me that is tenacious, driven, focused, funny, sarcastic, laid back, giggly, beautiful, amazing, intelligent. I know who I am and I know the person that I'm supposed to be. I'm excited about all the new propositions in life and everything life is throwing my ways these days. I'm beginning to realize that I'm going to be the best darn Insurance Agent around, and really bring new light into the boring world of Insurance. WOOT!

Here's our saying for today: "Ones best success comes after their greatest disappointments."

And thank you Jordan Johnson for helping me to realize what an amazing person I truly am... I'm free to be who I need to be because of you.

No comments: