Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thankful

It's Turkey Day Fans.... and it's almost over for me. As with every other year I have overeaten and am now feeling it! I love this holiday, and this year was no different. I spent the day with my amazing family, and was able to get up, have some cinnamon rolls with Sister and soon to be Brother, Nathan. Then Mama Sue and I started cooking and getting everything set up for the evening meal. We had a 31 pound Turkey... he was a BEAST! But everything came together so well and we all so enjoyed ourselves. I love the fact that there is always some random group of people that we don't know very well - usualy Sue invites someone that doesn't have family in the area. It's exciting to get to know a new person and have a different dynamic at the dinner table each year. I LOVE IT!! :-)

So, in the mood of the season, here are the things I'm thankful for:
I'm thankful for friends and family
I'm thankful for my Christian Faith
I'm thankful for being able to live in this amazing country
I'm thankful for the troops that are fighting and sacrificing their time for us.
I'm thankful for music and the joy it brings me
I'm thankful for my job and the mental stimulation it always brings
I'm thankful for new books to read
I'm thankful for being able to cook
I'm thankful for the struggles I've been through in my past
I'm thankful for this year and all the things I've learned throughout it
I'm thankful for being so blessed emotionally, physically, mentally, and financially
I'm thankful for the Sacrifice Christ made for everyone over 2000 years ago.
I'm thankful for the freedom I have to write
I'm thankful for being able to be myself and have the freedoms that I, as a woman, have.
I'm honestly so thankful for everything in my life - because good or bad it's all going to teach me something.

What are you thankful for this year???

Quote of the day from Brother's and Sister's:

"The things and the people that are important your in life are those that you have to truly fight for"

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!! :-)

No comments: