Saturday, November 3, 2007

Saturdays gone by

Happy Saturday to one and all! I love Saturdays because you get to rest, and sleep, and not really worry about anything but taking care of yourself. This week I've learned a lot and grown a lot, and today I'm looking back on the insights and inspirations I've gotten throughout the week.

My friend Kate from school is such a wonderful, down to earth girl that is able to tell you what you need to know when you need to know it. This week she let me know that at this point in my life, I need to take care of me. I need to become happy with myself, proud of myself, and excited to live each and every day. I need to pamper myself because if I don't take care of me, I can't help those around me. Thank you Kate for the amazing words of wisdom. I will take time today and everyday for myself. Whether that means I read a book, or take a bath, or go get a pedicure or just sit and watch a movie with those closest to me. Once I am happy and content with me, I can be there for others.

Another piece of advice came from my friend Sarah Jane. She has been the most amazing friend this past week and I am so grateful for her insights into my life at the moment. She has just encouraged me to let things go and release them. She gave me the lyrics to the song "She let herself go" by George Strait. It pretty much sums up what I need to do in my life right now. I need to let myself go and do the things I've always dreamed of and be happy along the way.

And last, but certainly not least, my mom has given me more advice this week than anyone. I've had my cry fests and my frustrations and each and every time she is there to hug me, hold me, and love me. I never truly realized how much I missed her friendship and her support. I had given up on my mom, and I now realize that she always needs to stay a priority in my life. She is my number one cheerleader in times of need and fear. She has let me know time and time again that everything will be okay and that God is taking care of me and walking beside me every step of everyday. He will never give me more than I can handle and He has placed the friends and the family that I have in my life for a reason and for a lifetime.

Saying for today: "Some people are in our lives for a reason, some come into our lives for a season, and some stay with us for a lifetime".

No comments: