Saturday, November 10, 2007

Life's busyness

Hi fans! And Happy Saturday to one and all! So, I don't know about you, but Saturday's are usually my super busy days that are filled with catch up stuff like: laundry, grocery shopping, the Costco run, doing my nails, getting the hair done, planning meals for the week, meeting up with friends to catch up. It's just one of those days that just seems to fly by, and all of a sudden it's Monday again. Argh!

Anyways, lately I've been realizing how great life truly is. I love the fact that I'm able to do whatever I want when I want to do it. I love that I can go see friends that I haven't seen in forever, or book a trip to California or Arizona to see family and friends. I don't have to ask permission, or make sure my schedule fits with someone elses, I'm just free :-). I've come to appreciate my time at home, reading and watching movies. I've come to appreciate my family so much more than I ever thought possible. And I've come to appreciate my friends and all the things they do for me. It's wonderful!

So this week on the learning docket is this: What goes around comes around. It's so funny because I was listening to that Justin Timberlake song the other day, and thought that phrase was so true. Have you ever had something happen to you that was kind of like "I knew this was going to happen"? I've had SO many of those times, it's unbelieveable. However, I'm learning to take those times and learn from them. For instance, I had a tendency to push friends aside if I was feeling too overwhelmed, and I've lost friendships because of it. So now, I'm changing my lifestyle. If I know I can't make a date ahead of time, I just let the person know my schedule and that I can't make it. Instead of attempting to cram everything into 5 mintues, I'd rather spend the actual time with friends.

I've also learned that What goes around comes around in dating as well. Not that I'm dating anyone right now, but I know I've lead people on in th past that really did like me. You know how I dealt with them? Just ignored them, instead of telling them what was up. Probably not the nicest thing in the world. Honesty, is honestly, the best policy.

Well, I'm off into the world of laundry and grocery shopping. Then off for a coffee date with an old friend! WOOT!! :-) Have a GREAT day everyone!

No comments: