Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Something...

I heard this saying the other day, one of those cliche one's that you hear all the time, but for some reason it hit me as something I needed to learn.

"Stand for something or you'll fall for anything"

Wow! Is that not the truth? Looking back on years past I've realized that during the times in my life that I was struggling the most, I was the most lost. Unaware of who I was as a person, unresolved in the stand I needed to take, and confused about my role in this huge world. However, God has shown me through the years that when I'm faithful in standing firm for His plans for me and standing for the "something" He has called and directed me to, I'm a whole person - a person on a mission, a goal, and a focus - a person of success.

However, I often get back on the path well-traveled and two weeks, or two months, or even two years later I realize that what I am standing for is nothing.... nothing but myself. I'm taking the focus off the tasks I've been assigned, and I let myself wander from the very thing that I'm standing for. It's a constant uphill battle that is waged in the day-by-day grind that is my life. How do I keep my focus on the one thing that I'm standing for? How do I become successful at standing? I'm not quite sure... but I'm constantly on the learning curve and slowly, yet surely, I've been able to find out that I can get through anything when I realize that the one thing I'm standing for is my Jesus, my Savior, my Comfort, and my Strength. For with Him, I can do anything, and without Him I am nothing.

No comments: