Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Realizations

In my Non-Profit class today I began to realize something. Actually, we had one of those days where we list out where we want to be in 5 years, 10 years, and 20 years down the road. And I was shocked at my answers - all this growth I've had in the past month is incredible... here's what I found out:

In 5 years, I'll be in my late twenties. And as I sat in that classroom I started writing things like: I want to own a condo, I want to start my own business, I want to write a book. Then I started thinking about my relationships and my future marriage to someone, and I was sitting there thinking "Oh no, I can't be married by 5 years... I'm still so young!". WOW! What a realization to have. A lot of my friends have gotten married recently, and I am so glad that each of them found the right person to fit their lifestyles. However, I find it difficult in the Christian community to discuss marriage. For some reason we have this thought in our mind, or this pressure from other's that we need to be married now - especially if we're in a relationship. That is just not the case for me. I could not be married right now... I still have so much growing to do, and honestly, I'm scared out of my mind for marriage. So from now on, I'm not worrying about what other people say about my relationships- me and my mate are the one's that will be making the decisions, and honestly it's none of anyone's business if and when we're getting married. I STILL HAVE TIME PEOPLE!!! Let me live my twenties and have some fun!

And 10 years, now that's where I'm thinking that I'll be married. I would probably like to have kids around 30 or so, and start a family. I want to be the #1 soccer mom - but still somehow connected to the business world (that's where my own business comes into play). In 10 years I want to have a house with some land somewhere, and still make time for my family and my friends.

And 20 years, I can't even think that far. It would be great to have enough money to be retired and start traveling the world. I'd love to see all the sites and just go out and have some fun with everything. I'll still be the #1 soccer mom, and I'll still be enjoying myself. I want to entertain a lot - have dinner parties with friends and business associates of my future husband. Honestly, I have no idea where I want to be in 20 years, but I want to be happy!

SO now I ask you, where do you see yourself in 5 years? In 10? In 20? These are GREAT questions to ponder! :-)

No comments: