Monday, November 12, 2007

One Year Left...

So, I was watching Private Practice tonight and the questions arose:

If you had one year left to live, where would you be right now? What would you be doing? Who would you be with? Where would you go?

Good questions...

If I had one year left to live I would be in a Condo on the Kirkland Waterfront or in a Cabin with the most spectacular view of the mountains. I would travel to Italy, Israel, Hawaii, Australia. I would be spending every free moment I had with my family and my friends. I would take the time to reconcile the problems and the hurts of the past so I could have a fulfilling future. I would be working where I am now and volunteering at my Church more frequently. I would write that book I've been wanting to write for years. I would tell my story to the world - the story of a lost little girl thrown into a grown up world far too early. I would be with my mom and my brother and all my teddy bears and with someone who loved me do deeply that I wouldn't even understand the greatness of his love and passion for me. I would be reading more. I would run more. I would take those singing lessons I've wanted to take for years. I would take those dancing lessons I've always wanted to. I would go out more with my girl friends for a glass of wine and some fabulous baked brie. I would go to the spa more and have more girls days. I would take care of me for once in my life - not everyone else.

So what's holding me back from doing all these things? I could say time or money or people or priorities... but in all honesty, the only thing holding me back is myself.

You should ask yourself the same questions - if you had one year left to live, what would you be doing with your life?

No comments: