Monday, November 5, 2007

More amazing info!

So I was parusing the sites of Facebook and my friend Stephanie had the following on her profile and it was too good not to share... enjoy!

"Life is an opportunity, benefit from it.Life is beauty, admire it.Life is bliss, taste it.Life is a dream, realize it.Life is a challenge, meet it.Life is a duty, complete it.Life is a game, play it.Life is a promise, fulfil it.Life is a sorrow, overcome it.Life is a song, sing it.Life is a struggle, accept it.Life is a tragedy, confront it.Life is an adventure, dare it.Life is luck, make it.Life is too precious, do not destroy it.Life is life, fight for it"

This is terrific stuff! I'm also still listening to my "How to Stop Worrying and Start Living" book on CD (absolutely WONDERFUL). Holy cow... it's amazing how many things you can learn from one small book. I really need to start putting things into practice... that's for sure. Here are some of the steps to worrying less in your day to day life (apply this to any area - work, school, relationships, family issues, etc).

1. Write down what you are worried about.
2. Ask yourself, "What can I do about it?" (make sure you list both positives and negatives)
3. Decide what steps you are doing to take to deal with the worry.
4. Start immediately to follow your decision.

Here is another way to look at problems:

1. What am I worried about?
2. Accept the worst outcome possible.
3. Find ways to prevent the worst from happening.

I'm not going to lie, it's the hardest thing to actually write out your worries, but it's so freeing at the same time. I can't even begin to explain how great I feel after taking the time to look at lmy life and understand that worry has no place in it.

Another GREAT point that Carnegie writes out is the fact that keeping yourself as busy as possible during a time of worry is actually the best way possible to get over the worry. When you don't have time to worry, you don't worry. Ha! Gotta love it.

Honestly, I'm loving my new life... I feel like a completely new person that is just free and able to think for myself again. It's crazy how much stress and worry I allowed to take over my life. Instead of being thankful for the good things in my life, I became angry and unmotivated. I didnt' want to deal with the stress, and so I just pushed it aside. That's no way to handle it. Since facing the issues at hand head on... I've been sleeping better, feeling better, and honestly more productive than I've been in years. I love it! :-)

Question of the day: What are you worried about? And what steps are you taking to overcome that worry?

No comments: