Sunday, November 18, 2007

Teachings from the Pulpit Part 3

Well... Sunday again and more Jesus loving for one and all! I have forgotten how much I missed being 100% a part of the Church. I love the worship and the teaching and seeing people I haven't seen in awhile. Anyways... we finished up our Jonah reading today and here are some the great points/questions: How to Care about God's Grace (more than your reputation)

*Move your focus off yourself- "each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others." - Philipians 2:4
*Move your perspective to God's perspective - "We are Christ's ambassadors, and God is using us to speak to you. We urge you, as though Christ himself were here pleading with you, 'Be reconciled to God!'" - 2 Corinthians 5:20

1. Are you more concerned about what God thinks of you or what other people think of you?
2. Are you seeing people the way Christ sees them and not as lost causes?


*Recognize to move the focus off yourself, but move it to others- and your reputation will be blessed.

And the last thing on the docket that was so terrific is that once you are in the middle of your problems and struggles of everyday life don't get overwhelmed or angry at God for the issues going on in your life. Ask yourself - what can God teach me through this problem?

It's kind of short and sweet today, but I thought I'd share what I learned- pretty much don't be selfish - and love others more than yourself- look to the needs of others and your life will be greatly blessed in everyway. It's amazing and it's so true! I hope that I can share that compassion on you, my readers. Upward and Onward into the week!! :-)

No comments: