Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Best Wednesday Ever!

Well fans, good times had by all today. It was just one of those days where life was just too funny. Every single time I thought about my relationship problems, I would just start laughing my heart out. It was TERRIFIC! Seriously, one of those amazing days that I really just needed. My friend and I kept boy bashing and it was seriously the best relief I've had in a long time. We kept coming up with great sayings like: "Love No one" or "Boy-COTT!". And we just reveled in the women's brains for awhile. We are some amazing creatures us women are. Seriously, how interconnected and woven we are is outstanding. The ability to love and cherish and have such compassion for those around us is a true gift.

I've definitely found a Kindred Spirit in Jane... and I'm SO blessed to have such an amazing friend in her. Our talks are amazing. She is the best listener about all my venting and ranting and raving. Hopefully, I'm just as helpful to her.

I also heard from a friend today that I have not heard from in awhile, and we just had this random conversation on Facebook... it went a little something like this:

Friend: Hey - What are you doing these days? Let's get the gang together to hang out.

Me: I'm SO glad you contacted me!! It's been far too long my friend and all this boy drama is happening in my life... let's do coffee.

Friend: What do you mean boy drama?

Me: Well, let's just say it's retarded. I'll tell you one thing though, I know I'm dang amazing and smart and intelligent, and sexy, and funny, and exciting, and just the BEST person that has ever graced the planet earth. So... reallly it's his loss, sure I miss him, but obviously he was not in his right mind to know how great of a girl he was giving up on.

Friend's Response: You are Awesome. Plain and Simple... Awesome!

I love it! I absolutely love it. I know that was quite a conceited response of mine, but I'm finding as I get more out of the whole situation, that I am an amazing person. I've got so much life these days and am so excited and passionate about everything, it's unbelieveable! God has plans to prosper me and not to harm me. He is FAITHFUL and through the hard times He is able to turn around our doubts and questions and pain, and make us laugh or learn something from it.

Here are some of the things I've learned today: a) while dating someone don't write off all of your friends- keep in touch with them because you never know when you'll need them b) be thankful for the relationships you've been a part of and the things others have taught you. c) laugh as much as possible and don't lose yourself in a relationship - make sure you're still you - once you've given up on yourself there is no way to continue a positive relationship with anyone else d) don't let a boy tell you your worth - know your worth as God sees it. You are His precious child and he wants to guide and protect you always and forever.

The day has ended just as great as it began. With good laughs with my family, and then for a drive that I've needed to take for about a year now. I had the TECHNO blaring in the Honda, sunroof open, and me just speeding along rocking my heart out(the best part was not having to hear how awful techno is from ANYONE - I love it, and that's ALL that matters!!!). Absolutely amazing day! I've loved every minute of it. And I've learned much. You can't ask for much more than that, right?

No comments: