Thursday, December 13, 2007

Wonderful

This week I've been really getting into my Worship Music again. Now this stuff has the power to literally break a person inside and make the strongest and most standoffish person in the world fall down and start bawling their eyes out. I came across one of my favorite songs from High School - yes, total old school, and it's by Passion (I think) and it's called Romanced. I thought I'd share it with the blogging community as it has really helped me throughout my single life:

I want to be romanced by the King of the Ages
I don’t want to sing of a passion I’ve never known
I want to get lost in the beauty of Jesus
And dance through the night around your Throne

So dance with me, dance with me
I am weary but I know your touch restores my life

I want to be romanced by the King of the Ages
I don’t want to sing of a passion I’ve never known
I want to get lost in the beauty of Jesus
And dance through the night around your Throne.

For right now, this song is exactly what I need. One of my dear friends, Megan, has shared with me that during this time in my life I need to fall in love again with Jesus. Making Him the first priority in my life. It's strange because I so often feel like I'll never be as close as I used to be with Him. Somehow thinking that if He knew all the mistakes and the problems and the hurts I've had through my years that He will somehow want nothing to do with me - no one wants to be with a messed up person, at least not in the human realm. But the fact of the matter is that God is our Heavenly Father. He is the one Great Power and Great Person that is able to love us unconditionally - without blame or frustration. He loves us more than anything else, we are His precious children whom He created in His own image. I can't even begin to fathom the strength, power, and sensitivity that our God has for us, His fallen children.

I guarantee you that no matter where you are or what you've done, God can meet you anytime, anywhere. It definitely feels like you're constantly lonely and without someone to lean on, but He is there, cry out to Jesus and He will answer - but it may not be the way you are expecting it to be. Fall in love with Jesus again. Let Him transform your heart.

What is holding you back from a 100% devoted relationship with Christ? I know that for me it's the fact that I'm too stubborn and stuck in my ways that I don't want to surrender my life to Him - I've got it figured out on my own, right? What fears and restrictions do you have that hinder your relationship with the one and only God that loves you so dearly? What mistakes have you made that you are worried are unforgiveable? What problems are you facing today that seem too big for your earthly body? I don't know how to say it, but I know that God is bigger than all the problems, all the issues, all the reservations we have in this life - and He is big enough to help each and every one of us through our struggles. See "Footprints" below.... it's INCREDIBLE!

One night a man had a dream. He dreamed he was
walking along the beach with the Lord. Across the
sky flashed scenes from his life. For each scene, he
noticed two sets of footprints in the sand: one
belonging to him, and the other to the Lord. When
the last scene of his life flashed before him, he
looked back at the footprints in the sand. He
noticed that many times along the path of his life
there was only one set of footprints. He also noticed
that it happened at the very lowest and saddest
times in his life. This really bothered him and he
questioned the Lord about it. "Lord, You said that
once I decided to follow you, You'd walk with me all
the way. But I have noticed that during the most
troublesome times in my life, there is only one set
of footprints. I don't understand why when I needed
you most you would leave me."
The Lord replied,"My son, My precious child, I love you and I would
never leave you. During your times of trial and
suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I Carried You."


AMEN to that - because that's exactly what He does for us....

No comments: