Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Just some good ol' Jesus Loving

Welcome back friends! I'll tell you one thing... this week has been unbelieveably busy! But I've been reading more and more of my Bible lately and getting more great advice that is just too wonderful not to share. SO here we go.

Today on my lunch break (while sitting in my car) I opened up to Psalm which always has numerous words of wisdom. Psalm 1 says: "Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers. But his delight is in the law of the Lord and on His law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers. Not so the wicked! They are like chaff that the wind blows away. Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the assembly of the righteous. For the Lord watches over the way of the righteous, but the way of the wicked will perish." This Pslam has special meaning to me because while I was in HS I dedicated to memorizing it. It has so much to tell about life - which road will you choose the way of the righteous or the way of the wicked? Really great questions are brought up here... God blesses the righteous and whatever they do prospers. I love it!! It gives me hope that taking the road less travelled by will actually bless me in the end.

Next up on the docket... Psalm 4:4 "In your anger do not sin; when you are on your beds, search your hearts and be silent." This one is also another one of my life verses - I've had a past of anger and problems with getting through issues with other people. But I need to not let my internal angst become and external sin. I need to calm myself and relax before reacting to something and causing more harm than good.

And last but not least - a parable from Jesus.... Luke 6:43-45, "No good tree bears bad fruit, nor does a bad tree bear good fruit. Each tree is recognized by its own fruit. People do not pick figs from thornbushes, or grapes from briers. The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For out of the overflow of his heart his mouth speaks." Just overall good stuff!! Have good things in your heart and in your life and in your influences and your heart will speak nothing but good. The question arises... what kind of legacy do you want to leave or what do you want to be known for while in this life?

A note about taking time for oneself and resting. From my "Streams in the Desert" Devotional, "There is a special strength that is found in solitude. . . Strength is found not in the busyness and noise of life but in the quietness." Even Jesus himself went to the hills for solitude and time with God during his time here on earth. When was the last time you actually took time away from the TV, the internet, the computers, the stress, the people, the homework, the jobs, the radio, the magazines, the books - and really focused your attention on God? I honestly can't remember the last time I spent some quiet solitude with my one and only Father. . . and I know that I need to spend more time in solitude to gain more understanding of His love, plans, and peace He has for my life. So I encourage you, as I encourage myself, to go to the hills or find your own "secret place" and just sit and talk with God and meditate on His words. You may just find that it's the one thing that you've needed more than ever in your life - the part that's been missing that no one or nothing else can fill.

I'm praying for all of you tonight and I pray that my few ramblings have encouraged you in some way, as I've found they've encouraged me. God Bless you all and enjoy the adventure of finding your "Secret Place" with God.

No comments: