Friday, December 7, 2007

Lead me in a straight Path

Well gang, it's that time again. . . time for learning experiences! Woot! So, this week I've really been thinking a lot more about life and the meaning of life and why we even exist in the first place. It's strange because God has placed us on earth to be pleasing to Him and as His followers to do His world towards our fellow man while we are on this earth. But are we really living for God? How many times do we put our own selfish desires above what God has called us to do? How many times would you rather go out with your friends than spend some quality time with God? How many times do we ignore His still small voice - for the louder, booming voice of this world? How many times are we convinced that He has no idea what's good for us and that we know best? How many times do we push Him out of our lives everyday - by saying "if it makes me feel good I'll do it - if not it's not worth my time"?

I have news for all of us! God is worth FAR more than anything we could ever get throughout this world. Do you want to spend eternity- that means FOREVER - in misery or in a place of joy and peace? I've begun to realize lately how precious our life on earth is. It can all be taken away from us in a matter of seconds- EVERYTHING- our families, our friends, our homes, our work, our bodily functions/mobility, our sanity, our money, our things, our toys - there is no guarantee that anything we have right now will be ours tomorrow. Are we really aware of the great cost and the great value that we place on things today? It's like the song goes, "you don't know what you've got till it's gone". There is NO way of knowing how important something is to you until you have lost it - and possibly forever.

I know that for me the most important things in my life are not my clothes, or my work, or my social status, or my cars or toys - but the people. I love each and every person that has come into my life, because I know they have been there for a reason. But do you know how many times I have taken the very dearest things to me for granted? Not really appreciating them until they disappear or problems arise or distance comes between us. It's terrifying for me to think that I can lose those people. . . but think of how terrifying it is to God to lose one of his children.

Have you ever lost anything before?? Like something or someone of great value? Do you not go searching for it immediately?? Then the panic sets in that you may never find it again.... and we, as humans, put God through that every day. We constantly disappoint our father by choosing this world over spending time with Him.... we are constantly shoving our own selfish selves into His face and literally saying, "You're not worth my time". How in the world can we say that the God of all creation is not worth our time? He gave us the very life we are now living... He gave us breath and He gave us every blessing we hold so dearly. Why are we not spending more time with Him? What has happened to us as a generation? Where did our hearts and passion for Christ go? And how do we find it again?

I have no idea how to even answer these questions.... but I do know that the first step is just being mature enough to even say, "Jesus, I don't even know where to begin at this point - but the only thing I can ask is that you put the desire that I once had for you back into my life... help me to find the child that you once knew - I know he/she is in there somewhere.. but I've lost track of it... and I don't know how to find it again". Be sincere and honest with God. It's not going to come back over night - but constant prayer and focus helps as well. I don't even know if I'm making sense at this point... but I just hope that I'm encouraging at least to someone. Christ is near the brokenhearted and uplifts those that are crushed in spirit. Come with open honesty, and it may take time, but He will meet you where you are right now.

So with that - I'm praying for all of us... we all can use some prayer sometimes. Please let me know if I can be praying for any of you in any particular way.

"I know, Oh Lord, that a man's life is not his own; it is not for man to direct his steps - but for You to direct." - Jer. 10:23

"Many people want to direct God, instead of surrendering themselves to be directed by Him. They want to show Him the way instead of submissively following where He leads."

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future." - Jer. 29:11

No comments: