Sunday, March 14, 2010

Sentimentally Yours...

"Say what you need to say" by John Mayer has me in a sentimental mood tonight. The simple song brings to light the very things that we so often overlook or push to the side because we're too scared of the outcome of our words. Yet, what if each of us took the chance and spoke our true feelings to everyone we loved and cherished? Why be paralyzed with fear when the very things we so badly need to say may be the very words someone vitally needs?

To a mother who's sacrificed near everything for me, I say, "I love you more than you know and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for putting other's interests and desires above your own. You are the epitome of grace and kindess, the very reason I'm where I am today."

To a brother who's been my lion heart in the midst of the tragedies, I say, "thank you for loving me beyond the responsibility of a brother and to the extent of a father. Thank you for protecting me and shielding me from the pain around me. I love you more than anything and look forward to just sitting silently by you once again."

To a father who's been distant, abusive but is now redeemed, I say, "I forgive you."

To the best friends who know me better than I know myself, I say, "bless you for your prayers, encouragement, wisdom, and support through the years. Thank you for sticking by me even when things seemed so distant. Thank you for trusting me with your hearts and for allowing mine to grow with your friendship."

To the teachers and leaders who've invested time and energy into my wellbeing, I say, "Thank you for your time. Thank you for instilling into my life the lessons I needed to learn. Thank you for pushing me beyond what I thought I could do; cheering at my successes and encouraging me through my failures. Thank you for your wisdom - may you be blessed for the sacrifice you give each day."

To the one's I've had the opportunity to lead, I say, "thank you for allowing me into your lives. Thank you for showing me who you are and trusting me with the things you hide from others. Thank you for teaching me how to love, and thank you for letting me learn as you grew."

To the family members once close now distant, I say, "We are blessed for the memories - let them never leave. But let us remember each other in everything, praying and encouraging as we face life's challenges. May we stick close to one another throughout our lives."

To those who've made a home in my heart, I say, "I love you. You will always have a special place in my heart and I thank you for allowing me into yours. May God shine His grace and glory into your life forever, and may He make His grace and plan known in everything you face."

And to the One and Only who's completely saturated my life with grace, I say, "Praise your name, for you are worthy of praise. Thank you for the sacrifice and the gift of life you so freely give. For without you I am nothing, and with you I have strength beyond my wildest dreams. You're the reason I breathe, you're the reason I dance, you're the direction I follow, and it's by your grace, your encouragement, your presence, your peace that I know I'm abundantly loved. Thank you, thank you  for your care and provision."

Sentimentally yours,

Tenacious

No comments: