Friday, March 26, 2010

2 days til everything changes

Oh My Lanta... how the HECK did it go from July to April so quickly? I'm officially leaving for my new home in LA Sunday morning, and am excited and nervous at the same time. WHOA there!!

Let me just start off with saying that God is so incredibly good! He has paved the way before me in more ways than one... and I can't even begin to expresss my gratitude for His care and provision. Amazing! And the plan has changed at least 4 different times since the beginning of March. I was going to start off living with roommates, but couldn't find anywhere to live that a. didn't have pets, b. would let me work from home, or c. wasn't too expensive. After searching for what seemed like years for fun, quality, like minded roomies, I gave up the search and decided to go another route and get my own apartment.

Well, apartments are definitely plentiful and I wanted to be sure to find the right place that was close to work, close to church, and, of course, close to the beach. I found a place and was really excited to get all moved in. I started shopping for furniture and packing all my housewares from here to ship down. It was then that my job plans changed... after talking with a trusted industry leader, I found that the position I was considering taking wasn't legit and didn't really match my values. After lots of prayer, I decided to decline the position and look for something else. That's when I started getting a bit worried about the  cash flow situation.... "Lord, how am I going to pay for this apartment now?". Well, let's just say he answered again...

The next day, I got a phone call from a friend of a friend who had a room for rent in her home. She's a certified CPA who was looking for a roomie, and seems super chill and like a great place to live. We talked on the phone for about an hour, and I just decided to take the room - and it was more than half the price of the rent for the apartment - Thank you JESUS!!! Seriously.... He just keeps showing up.

The other great news is that the furniture I ordered wasn't supposed to be to my place until late April/early May. Well... I just got a confirmation email saying it's ready for pick up, the day I arrive in LA. This whole situation seems surreal...

And the best part is that God keeps openning doors of friends and people that I haven't seen or heard of in years. People keep passing their relatives info onto me or connecting me with people they know in the area. I even have some friends from High School that have gotten back in touch with me and have offered to help out in any way they can. God is gracious and generous... and Praise Him for providing me a way.

I leave Sunday for a new adventure - a whole new playing field. I sit here with the blank canvas of life sitting before me, and now we just have to decide what to do with it. I miss my California friends like crazy, and I'm realizing that those roles are going to switch pretty quick as I say goodbye to my Seattle friends and family and start my new life.

Oh dear.... it's starting! This crazy adventure we call life. YAY and WHOA all at the same time!

Happy weekend everyone! :-)

No comments: