Monday, March 1, 2010

CA Dreamin'

NOTE: I wrote this blog back on July 23rd, 2009, right after I returned home from a trip to California. I never posted it because I didn't know what God had for me, and was unsure if this desire for California was more me than Jesus... a follow up blog on the past 8 months to follow.... until then, enjoy. :-)


I've had this ongoing vision of sorts that has been on my mind and heart since I was a kid. It's of me, in a place of sun, a place of beaches, a place of neverending activity. This place is a place I visit often and truly has a sense of "home" for me. I just can't get any of it out of my head these days. Recently, on a visit southward to this particular destination, I remembered something I told my mom many years ago on one such visit to this place, "Mom, I'm going to live here someday." To which she laughed and said, "okay honey."

After I returned home from my most recent visit to the sunny coast, and on the way home from the airport, I sat in my car contemplating life and again I told my mom, "I'm going to live there someday - and it may be sooner than you think." Her answer this time? "Go - do it, you only have so long before life gets in the way of your passions, dream, and goals. You need to do it."
So, dear reader, I bet your wondering, "what the heck is this girl talking about?" Well, this place that has been so dear to me for so long, and this is going to sound ridiculous, is Southern California. I know, I know... crazy. But I really feel this call, this direction, this push to Southern California. And I realized something... I've never done something like this. I've never stepped out in faith before - out of my comfortable little bubble, and into the unknown. And I think it's time for me to give Jesus the reins and take the plunge on the next great adventure of my life. This is not going to be some overnight change, it will take time, careful planning - but I already see the work of the Lord in the situation.

It's time for me to stop worrying about what everyone else wants me to do, and start worrying about what God wants me to do. It's time for me to step out of the comfort shell that I've made my home for in for so long, and go experience life in a completely new place. It's time for me to stop fretting over my self induced "responsibilities" and push through to something more, something different, something God orchestrated.

I feel like I have SO much to do, so many things to work on, and so many people to meet and love on that I feel stuck when I'm unable to reach those goals and meet the desires placed on my heart. There's gotta be something more! And maybe I'll find it on a great adventure half way across the country in a land of beach and sun- who knows?
California. It just sounds so right.

No comments: