Tuesday, October 11, 2011

To you, my friends...

To you, my friends, I write my heart. To those who have come in my life for a moment, a season, or a lifetime, I write. For today and each time I remember you, I'm thankful for the wisdom you shared and the memories we created.

To you, Laura - for your continual sacrifice of love and grace to a girl deeply wounded from a tainted past. For being the very spirit of Jesus in my life - showing me continual encouragement and forgiveness. For being the best 1st roommate a girl could ask for. For these things - I thank you, woman of grace.

To you, Jenny - for the countless nights of tears, listening ears, and simple reminders of the truth. For being the one to share so many memories with me. For encouraging and laughing with me through the years - I thank you, woman of understanding.

To you, Cortney - for being my voice of sanity in times of trial. For your faithfully believing and trusting heart. For choosing me to be your roommate. For loving me despite my days and nights of tears, insecurities, and fears. For the adventures, for the dreams, the visions and desires for God's kingdom come. For being a woman of steadfast, unshakeable faith. For being the friend I've always prayed for - I thank you, woman of faith.

To you, Caitlin - for teaching me to camp and love all things outdoors. For taking me on life's adventures throughout our childhood and into adulthood. For being my listening ear and clarity speaker when life seemed most confusing. For standing beside me in every decision, even the one's we didn't agree on. For being my kindred spirit - I thank you, woman of adventure.

To you, Brandy - for your spunk, your open vulnerability, your heart for His. For being the friend who so often meets me right where I am and brings me laughs when I need them most. For being a friend who has become a sister to me - I thank you, woman of strength.

To you, Callie - for sharing your sweet heart with me and opening up to new friendship. Your love for our sweet Jesus, your patience, and your care are remarkable gifts in my life. For all the memories and to sharing a birthday month - I thank you, woman with a heart for Jesus. 

To you, Jenny Sue - for being my shoulder to cry on, my sister in my deepest moments of pain, my confidante in the struggles and fears I faced as a child. For being one of my biggest protectors from those that have hurt me and for defending me when no one else would. For loving me regardless the distance or issue - I thank you, sister and friend.

To you, Jennifer - for living your life as a wife and mother with open honesty and tender mercy. For your insight, prayers and care for a woman you barely knew - I thank you, woman of joy.

To you, Kevin Michael - for showing a girl what true pursuit is. For bringing such joy to my life. For being a gentleman and a friend. For the man you are, who cares deeply for those he loves. For showing me your heart and protecting mine in the process. For being such a good man - I thank you, man of integrity. 

To you, Matthew David - for being my best guy friend and 'brother' in the midst of the deepest heartaches of my life. For listening and giving advice when I knew not what to do. For reminding me over and over that I'm worth fighting for. For being an example of true masculinity - I thank you, man of character.

To you, Steven Carter - for being the man who showed me what a real Christian man is. For living your life with such open honesty before me. For sharing your heart, your questions, your desires, your love with me. For being a good man - I thank you, man of God.

To you, Matthew Steven - for showing me how to laugh and live openly, freely. For sharing your family with me and allowing me to learn from their amazing example. For being a man who saw beyond my flaws- I thank you, man of grace.

To you, Catherine - for opening my eyes to the spiritual truths that surround me daily. For journeying with me through some of the darkest points of my past. For choosing to love me regardless of what comes up. For being the mentor, the woman of Proverbs 31 that I have been praying for so long. For being my light when I couldn't see it - I thank you, woman of Faith.

To you, Deb - for showing me that purity lost is not identity in Christ lost. For laughing, adventuring, running, dancing, eating, etc... with me. For listening to my crazy confusing heart and for encouraging me through life's difficulties. For being a true friend - I thank you, woman of love.

To you, Alec - for reminding me of what I'm worth and what I deserve. For living your life as an open example of a man after God's own heart - I thank you, man of God.

To you, Tim - for being a trainer's best cheerleader. For the friend you've been these past 2.5 years. For showing me and encouraging me to follow my dreams. For being such a man of integrity - I thank you, man of Faith. 

To you, Joel - for showing me that with diligence, hard work, and the Lord by your side the impossible becomes possible. For living your ministry as your life. For your heart and allowing it to show up. For being the friend to teach me the ropes in everything from faith to Crossfit - I thank you, man of persistence. 

To you, Christopher - for encouraging me to write, to continue to pursue Christ, and to live my life as an open example of His grace and love. For being my biggest cheerleader - I thank you, man of Faith.

To you, Wendy - for being my "mom of guidance" when it seemed I had no one else to turn to, to talk to. I thank you, mother and mentor.

To you, Kathleen - for all the watermelon stool chats. For your advice and wisdom through the years. For standing beside a silly young woman who just wanted an adventure. And for still asking the tough questions - I thank you, mama and friend.

To you, Fred - for taking a college student and teaching her the ropes of owning a small business. For being a fatherly figure to a girl who didn't have her own. For protecting, guiding, and encouraging me to pursue the life Christ called me to. For being such a wonderful boss for over 4 years - I thank you, man of generosity.

I could keep going with more people who have walked into my life for a moment, but I felt it necessary to first write to those who have left an irreplaceable mark on my heart. Each of you, every one, has taught me and given me so incredibly much. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for your love, your care, your trust, and your friendship through the years. Whether we talk often or not at all, please know that you mean the world to me. I declare God's sweetest blessings from Heaven to be showered on each of you. May He always guide your paths.. may He always be your security, strength, and confidence. 

I love you, my sweet friends. 

No comments: