Thursday, October 13, 2011

Love. No Question

It hit me today, hearts are sensitive, especially when it comes to love....

Let me explain that a bit better. I realize now that once I open my heart up to someone (whether a friend or a relationship), to love them, to stand beside them, once my heart goes there, I'm 100% dedicated. I won't be shaken. It takes a lot for that committment and love to fade once my heart has gone there. And oftentimes, it means me loving far beyond the relationship. My heart is a tender place and it doesn't let the people it loves go easily.

Love, to me, is something that I may very well have towards someone for the rest of my life. And no, it's not always some type of romantic "I love you, goo goo ga ga" kind of love. No, it's a deeply rooted love of the heart and soul of another. It's a love that's often times unexplainable. And I'm the type of girl that will tell someone I love them whether I've known them a week or a lifetime. For I don't ever want an opportunity to care for someone go wasted. And if I'm the only love, the only care, the only hugs, encouragement, support that people see this side of heaven, then heck, I will spend the rest of my life looking a fool for loving someone. There is no other choice. No other option. I can't not love.

Many times the natural world would tell me someone doesn't deserve my love for this reason or that. They would say that my love should fade over time, that I can't just love someone for the sake of loving them. But what about all those words in the Word of God that say "love your brother" or heck, the one's that say "love your enemies". Shoot... that's no easy task, the last time I checked! If we call ourselves Christ followers, we're obligated and required to love. You don't get to pick and choose. You don't get to judge. No, you must love. Period. End of story.

So, dear friends, please know that I love you. Regardless of what you've done, or where you've come from, or where we've been. I can't not love you. As Paul writes in I Corinthians 13 - "faith, hope, and love. The greatest of these is love." The GREATEST thing we can do for one another is love.

I leave you with this...

Love is Patient
Love is Kind
It does not envy
It does not boast
It is not proud
It is not rude
It is not self-seeking
It is not easily angered
It keeps no record of wrongs
Love does not delight in evil
But rejoices in the Truth
It always protects
Always trusts
Always hopes
Always perseveres.

LOVE NEVER FAILS.

No comments: