Sunday, October 3, 2010

25 - Quarter of a Century - WOW!

I turned 25 today... 25. I seriously cannot believe that I'm here, in this day, in this moment. I still feel like I'm in High School. I remember like yesterday my 16th birthday and my Dodge Neon waiting for me in the driveway. Where did all those years go?? And what's happened to the age of innocence? The age when everything seemed doable and so fun?? Man, it's amazing how drastically life changes...

Speaking of which, the year of 24 was quite possibly the most challenging year of my life. I started off celebrating my birthday in Southern California, and shortly thereafter decided that I needed to move there. Then about a month later I met a boy who lived in SoCal, and after chatting for awhile, we started dating over New Years weekend. Then long distance happened, and I can say that it's not for everyone, especially me. It's so hard to be so far from the person you care about... not being able to do life together. Then February came, and I quit my job, I quit coaching cheerleading, and I packed my bags. March brought my move to SoCal, and April brought new friends and church community that I've never had before. May brought a job that I shortly thereafter lost. June brought confusion, July brought unemployment. August brought a new job - one I love. September brought the loss of a home. And now, here I am again, October 3rd - starting a new year.

As I leave Seattle today, and travel back to my new home in SoCal, I realize how much of my life has happened here, in this place. Memories flood my mind as I drive down the freeway, memories of a past I once lived, of people I once knew, of relationships I once had... they're everywhere. This beautiful home of mine has been challenging at times, but it's still where it all began. My best friend got married last night, and I'm just realizing how short life is, how much changes in a year, how powerfully God moves in everything... and a piece of my heart will always live in the PacNW - as my heart grows in California. So weird what one year can bring...

I've got this crazy feeling that 25 is going to be a year of Jubilee, of rest, of good things, of God's plans becoming evident. "For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord - plans for hope and a future." Lord Jesus, may it be. May it be a year of blessings, of learning, of growing more in you. May it be a year of opportunity. May it be a year of loving others. May 25 be the best year yet.

25.

WOW!

2 comments:

Candice said...

It's great to hear you are doing so well! I wish you a great year of being 25 : )

cortney. said...

im going to buy you a roll of quarters. get it?? you cant use them for meters tho. or laundry. just to look at. xoxo