Friday, October 29, 2010

This life or the next

What a blessed week. Though life seems so overwhelming sometimes, God still has a tendency to move in random little ways to remind us of His love and guidance in the middle of the desert. This reminder came in the form of an amazing woman of the Lord who has been in and out of my life over the past few years. She's beautiful, she's intelligent, she's a Proverbs 31 woman in the making, and she has more wisdom and compassion than anyone I've met. After reading my blogs and getting "caught up" on my life, she sent me a powerful email, an email that touched my heart right where I needed to be touched. Her words spoke volumes to my weary soul, and I can't help but praise God for her.

As I was reading through her emails and through the various texts and emails from others this week I realized something: the Family of Christ, the brothers and sisters we have in Him is one of the strongest communities in the world. Though we're separated from each other, miles apart, timezones apart - we know that we have others praying for us, interceding for our lives, our hearts. And the best part of all is that one day when this world fades away, we will again meet one another in our eternal home. If we don't have the opportunity of seeing each other again on this side, we can rest assured that we'll meet again with Him. Praise the Lord!

All this talk of eternity really puts life in perspective - we're but a breath, a speck in the reality of time. And these moments, these friendships, these relationships we have are a stepping stone of preparation for what's to come. Praise God for community! Praise God for friends! Praise God for the family of believers.

No comments: