Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Rain of Redemption

God is so good - have I reiterated that enough?

Tonight, I got home from work and decided it was time for another long, hard run. As I put on my gear, I realized that it had started pouring outside. Determined to exercise, I faced the rain and hit the road at a fast pace. As I had my worship mix playing on my iPod, I was reminded of the grace and redemption of Christ.

As the rain fell on me, I truly felt like it was God's blessing of care and protection being showered over me. The rain was His reminder that He's always faithful, and even when showers come our way, He still uses those showers for good. As I trudged through my 4 miles, running through puddles and pushing myself to keep going, I couldn't help but start praising the Lord for His blessings in my life. For the friendships he's given me, the family he's restored, the job that keeps me growing, the Cheerleaders I get the privilege of leading, the car I get to drive, and the roof over my head each night - God has blessed me far beyond I could ever imagine. Sometimes society makes it look like I need something more, or that I can't be satisfied unless I have the newest, latest, greatest gadget- but the truth of it all, for me, was found in my run in the rain. . .

I am blessed.
I am grateful.
I am saved.

And all of this has come from the great I AM.

The rain of redemption poured on my life today. The reminder of His grace and His peace, were my companion at each step. And the further I got away from the everyday of this world, the closer I drew to the Heavenly destination that will soon come to pass. Peace, understanding, joy, and love were the guiding lights of my run in the rain. And at the end of it all... I felt... relieved. A burden was lifted as I walked through my front door, and I found the real me hiding beneath the pressures of life.

Praise God for the days of rain - for through the rain of life comes the hope for redemption. Through the struggles, come understanding. And through Christ, the sun shines through the rain.


"20 Guard my life and rescue me;
let me not be put to shame,
for I take refuge in you.
21 May integrity and uprightness protect me,
because my hope is in you." - Ps. 25:20-21

No comments: