Tuesday, July 22, 2008

My Stupid Mouth

There's this John Mayer song that just reigns so true in my life sometimes. He literally depicts how the things he says gets him in trouble all the time, and it's not until after something happens that the utter realization of what was said sinks in. Let's just say that's so Tenacious, it's not even funny. There are so many times on a daily basis where I just start rambling off into the sunset about any given subject, and then I just have this urge that I have somehow offended someone.

Why in the world am I like this? I guess, to a certain degree, I like drama or maybe it's more of an attention thing. I hate the fact that I'm admitting this to the general blogging community - but it's the truth :-( - forgive me please! I have never been one to like being a part of drama or causing drama, but for some reason I'm causing my own drama simply by opening my mouth and saying something stupid before thinking things through.

I get so frustrated because this is truly the sinful nature in me. I hate the sinful nature!!! I wish I could just be rid of it. The Lord knows how much easier my life would be without me talking too much or doing things that are against His good and pleasing will. Why is it that humans thrive off of such nastiness and why do we like watching and putting others through torture for our own enjoyment? What's the point? Are we not here to lift each other up and make way for the Kingdom of Christ? How then are we supposed to do these things with the sinful nature? I would suggest that the only way we do it is to admit that we are wrong and try our hardest to move past the area in which we struggle.

Non-Christians hate "Christians" simply because for some reason, we all think we're high and mighty. When in reality, we are all fallen creatures that lack the ability to ever be anything but imperfect. We will constantly disappoint. We will never be flawless - and we may as well be willing to admit our faults and move on with our lives - and not lead lives of hypocrisy. It's the Christians that are real with people, that love people no matter what, and that are big enough to admit they are wrong that are able to gain friends outside the Christian community. And the more people like this the merrier - simply because we will meet with success in helping others by being truly genuine ourselves. Let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles - and let's move on with our lives - leaving the past as the past and living today for all it's worth. WORD!

"When words are many, sin is not absent; but he who holds his tongue is wise." - Proverbs 10:19

No comments: