Thursday, July 10, 2008

Blessing of Friendship

Recently I've been spending a lot of my time with friends from my past - mainly friends from High School and College, and it's amazing to me how so many years can go by, yet we are still able to just pick up where we left off. Throughout the past couple of months I have seen people that I haven't seen in 5 years or more, and it's been such a blessing to catch up on their lives and where they are at these days. I'm staying up late, going out every night, and just truly having the time of my life. I feel as though I'm back in my Senior year of High School again - just living life to the absolute fullest. It's such a relief to be able to live without the worry and the pressure of the everyday, and live life within a community of quality, Christian people. Just amazing!

In spending more time with my friends, I've found a deep admiration for those who have stood beside me over the years, and walked with me through some of the hardest steps in my life. One of these friends is Caitlin. This girl is seriously the one person that is able to get my out of my comfort zone and into some great adventure. She has challenged me through the years with her constant ability to try and do anything you can imagine. Hike and camp outside for days? No problem! Go skydiving? Why not? This is truly her mentality and it's so encouraging to me to have her as a part of my life. This last weekend her dedication to life's adventures came into light as a group of us were attempting to go on a hike. Let's just say the trail to get there was a little more hardcore than we originally anticipated. And here's Caitlin - smile on her face, just diving right into the face of the challenge and giving it 110%. I was SO incredibly proud of her and her courage to get through this borderline dangerous off roading adventure. She is truly my little adventurer that encourages me to get out of my bubble and she will always be one of my best friends. I love it! :-)

Jenny is another friend who is home for the summer from school in California. This is the girl I can seriously talk about anything with, and know I'm not going to be judged for it. She gives the absolute greatest advice ever and is always such a great listening ear. I don't know how I could ever repay her for all the time and energy she has poured out into my life over the years. I truly consider her to be my best friend and am so blessed by her friendship on a daily basis. We always have such fun together and just get each other better than anyone else. She is just amazing!

Then there is Schu - oh bless my Schu! What an absolutely amazing woman of the Lord this girl is. She is the one that keeps me grounded when I get a little out of control. She helps me see and realize the consequences to my actions and challenges me on a daily basis to be a better woman of the Lord. I love our talks and how we are able to support each other through some pretty awkward and difficult situations. And the best part is that our friendship has lasted through some pretty interesting issues... and yet we are still so close. Love this girl to pieces!

I could seriously go on for days about everyone in my life. There's Jenna who is just the most laid back, easy going girl around (yet seriously driven!) - which is such a great breath of fresh air! And Elise is just an absolute doll who cares and loves everyone around her so much. And Jane is my fiesty friend that gets me out of my comfort zone and into my romantic side. There are so many more that I wish I could just chat about, but that will be for another day. :-)

On a side note, I've also been realizing the importance of having patience. The Lord has definitely been challenging me in this area for awhile now, and I obviously still don't get it. Through the past months I've been faced with challenges work wise, relationally, spiritually, physically and I get so frustrated sometime with every area of it. I wish things could just go the way I expect them or want them to go all the time. However, this is where the Lord is telling me to calm down and surrender any and all issues I'm facing to Him and Him alone. Not to my friends, not to my family, but to Him. This is not an easy thing to do, but I know it's what I need to do. Just let it go... just let it go. That was the phrase of my life 8 months ago, and it's definitely becoming the phrase of my life for right now as well. Just let it go - release it to Jesus. I'm sure he knows better than I do what to do in each situation. Patience Tenacious... Patience. For the Lord has many blessings to show you... but it all comes in time. Good stuff!

Good night! :-)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I feel ya on the patience section, well spoken!

It's good to hear that life is treating you well; it so funny, this blog is like being in the mind of Tany. Your like a female doogie howser. I love it, please keep it up to date.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shout out Tan...you know I love you more than anything. Thank you for the blessings you've given me over the years and especially your support this summer.
~Jenny