Thursday, March 3, 2011

Unworthy

I am unworthy.
It's by the grace and the death of Christ that I am given a second chance.

Unworthy am I.
As a child selfish, a liar, a cheater.
As an adolescent willing to do anything to get ahead.
As a young adult a partier, a sinner, a girl wearing the scarlet letter for the decisions she's made.

So tainited I come to the Throne of Grace. Humbly I bow, for I cannot look to His face. Broken I beg for his relentless love, only to be taken to something greater above. Dirty and disfigured I go to ask for His forgiveness. His response - "my child, you are indeed forgiven". What happens next is something amazing, for He takes the rags, the tears, the damage, and cleans them and puts them all together into a beautiful mosaic.

My life once unworthy is now made new. The mistakes before haunting, are now for good. The dirty is clean, the tainted is no more. For Christ in His death forever settled the score.

And I am the cripple that once was, now sitting at His table - daughter of the Most High.
___________________________________________________________________

Take a listen to "Carbon Ribs" by John Mark McMillan - SO good!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nK94p3hXVHQ

No comments: