Saturday, February 19, 2011

Post Surgery

Oy. What a week. A week full of life change. A week I certainly don't want to live through again anytime soon.

Praise God for His grace, Praise God for His care, Praise God for His love showering over my family these past few weeks. The good news is that my mom's surgery went well. She now has numerous coils in various veins in her brain, but she's good, she's alive, she's healing - thank you Jesus for doing this miracle in her life.

This week was a heavy one. A week where roles were suddenly reversed and I found myself discussing Wills, Trusts, final wishes and everything that comes with it. And it's funny... I made it through the week without many tears, and a strength that came from a place I know not.

So here I sit, back in California, and the week still hasn't hit me. I feel it brewing in the depths of my heart. It's building, the reality of what just happened is slowly showing up. I don't know what to feel, I don't know how to respond.

What just happened?

One thing I do know - I need some one on one with the One and Only. But I find myself avoiding it... as if it's going to hurt too much to go there, to let it out, to just cry.

Processing. Praying. Meet me sweet Jesus - thank you for your protection and provision in everything.

2 comments:

bekah said...

Continuing to pray for healing

Mindy Swenson Kinnier said...

I am so glad that everything worked out and that your mom is on the road to recovery. I am sure that it was very draining, but what a blessing you are to your mom!