Monday, May 10, 2010

In the Desert

Remember that blog I posted 2 posts ago, about being in the desert and not really understanding why? The feeling of numbness and no longer sensing and feeling the emotions in my life? Well.. it's funny how the Lord shows up sometimes. As I was driving home from an evening with some girlfriends last night, of course, I went for a drive down to the beach and sat in prayer with the Lord for awhile, processing the numbness and sense of "ugh" that sometimes overwhelms my life.

As I sat watching the waves come and go, I asked the Lord, "Why does it seem that even in the midst of the disappointments, the trials, the pains, the confusion of this life, even when you feel so distant, I still know you're there, wishing you'd just reveal yourself?" I prayed more, sat silently a little longer, and started on my journey home. I popped a random worship CD in, started listening... and broke down. The words and the emotion of this song so resonate with my life right now that I could barely drive. I pulled over again and just sat in the presence of God, knowing that He's still there, He's still in charge, He still has a plan for me. He still loves me, cares for me, and intimately wants good for me. In the midst of the pain and sorrow - He's there and He's worthy of my praise for his protection, care, provision, strength, encouragement and so much more.

If you have the opportunity, take a listen to "The Desert Song" by Hillsong. It will rock your world... much like it did mine...


This is my prayer in the desert
And all that's within me feels dry
This is my prayer in the hunger in me
My God is a God who provides

And this is my prayer in the fire
In weakness or trial or pain
There is a faith proved
Of more worth than gold
So refine me Lord through the flames
 
And I will bring praise
I will bring praise
No weapon forged against me shall remain
I will rejoice
I will declare
God is my victory and He is here

And this is my prayer in the battle
And triumph is still on it's way
I am a conqueror and co-heir with Christ
So firm on His promise I'll stand

All of my life
In every season
You are still God
I have a reason to sing
I have a reason to worship

This is my prayer in the harvest
When favor and providence flow
I know I'm filled to be empited again
The seed I've recieved I will sow

No comments: