Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I met a man...

I met a man far different than those I've come across thus far. A man of real life spiritual discipline. A man of character and integrity, with Christ's light and workmanship making itself evident in every area of his life.

I met a man funny and charming. A man diligent in his work and study. A man eager for great things in God's Kingdom, for His glory and honor. A man who came through the valley of the shadow of death, to the mountain of God's glorious grace. A man outwardly "harsh" and handsome, yet inwardly righteous and just.

I met a man broken, yet redeemed. A man with a past of hurts and regrets. A man with an unshakeable future in Christ. A man decisive and determined to push through the obstacles that he would surely face throughout life. A man kind and compassionate.

I met a man with a heart of gold, but with a world of influence. A man fighting daily for what is right, while battling the pressure of the world around him. A man of valor and strength. A man able to face any challenge with confidence and surety. A man fighting for the right choice, waiting for direction, desiring God's desires.

I met a man who challenged me to my core. A man who pushed me to think beyond myself. A man with a child-like faith in the One and Only. A man who lives his life as an open example of how Christ meets anyone, anywhere. A man of simple yet determined, black and white faith. A man proving the power of the Holy Spirit working in and through one's life.

I met a man who changed my life. A man I'm extremely proud of. A man who defends and protects, patiently persevering. A man I'm glad to call friend. A man who loves openly, lives honestly, and listens attentively. A man who blesses not harming the one he loves. A man who does what's right, even if it means his own pain. A man deserving of respect and honor.

I met a man...incredible, true, unwavering.

I met a man.

No comments: