Wednesday, August 27, 2008

California Dreamin'

Disneyland is 100% correct in their slogan "the happiest place on earth". I mean, how can you go there and not be like a kid in a candy shop? Seriously though... I love that place! This week has had quite a variety of ventures for Jenny and I. Sunday started with Church in the am (love her Church - and I'm so glad that she has found a home for herself here). After Church we hopped in the CRV and headed down to Santa Monica for lunch. No joke, quite possibly the best salad I've ever had in my life was eaten at a place called Urth Cafe. We also enjoyed some desserts from there, which ended up getting all warm and icky by the time we got to our next destination - Malibu. This state is truly one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen. I love just driving up and down to coast and seeing what's around. The beaches are packed on the weekends with travelers and locals just wanting to cool off on the surf. The water is the most amazing blue color you have ever seen. And the sand is pristine. I can't imagine a more beautiful drive than that of hwy 1 down the coast of Cali. Amazing!

Monday came with some seriously amazing times. Disneyland!!! We arrived at Disney to a pretty empty parking lot which made us super excited because that meant that park was not that busy. We had to wait in line for our tickets, but once we had them in hand, we literally started walking onto rides. The best part was that we would randomly get these little fast passes from Disney people at the start of the lines so we could again, just walk right on. Jesus loved us! We hit up Star Tours, The Matterhorn (Jenny's Favorite), Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mtn. Railroad, Indiana Jones, Buzz's Astro Blasters, and so much more. The funny thing was that the one line that was the longest was for the random little submarine venture of Nemo. It was like an hour plus wait. We didn't wait for that one... :-)

For lunch we went off to La Brea Bakery in downtown disney. So good! Then it was back to California Adventure where I took Jenny on Tower of Terror for the first time ever. She LOVED it! Then California Screamin' and then back to Soarin' over California. I loved it. We went back to disney that night for the fireworks show and some shopping (LOVE me some Roxy garb!). Dinner was had at Naples Italian. SO Yum-O!

Anyways.... all this rambling to say, I'm having the time of my life here. I often contemplate just up and moving down here as there is nothing holding me back from doing so at this point in my life.
Quote of the day: "Don't dwell on people from your past, there's a reason they didn't make it to your future"

AMEN!! :-)

No comments: