Wednesday, November 5, 2014

There's somethin' about country music

Ok folks.

Ok peeps.

Ok... y'all!

The CMA's are currently being shown at the local G House and we're loving every minute of it. I just got up and danced in the living room to Keith Urban's "Somewhere in my car". No really, I did! And I LOVED it!! Seriously, that song gets one's foot tapping and makes me want to learn all things line dancing and the 2 step.

Then there's Miranda Lambert's "Automatic". Oh my goodness if that is not the story of my life I don't know what is.

Or I guess, Tim McGraw's "Meanwhile back at Mama's" is another fan favorite that I feel is another story, or longing of my life. Oh my word it's so stinking good!

And then, and THEN there's Eric Church's "Give me back my Hometown". Good gracious, these songs just pull at the heart strings.

But the one that holds my heart, that makes me go pitter patter in so many ways is Dierks Bentley's "I Hold On". And not only because it's a great song (it really is!). It's also not only because it reminds me that good men do exist (my hubby is one of them!) but also reminds me of the love of my sweet Jesus and how he holds on above and beyond what anything on this earth shows, His love Endures. It does people. :-)

I guess what all this chatting is about is the fact that county music makes me long for the country. I long for space, a ranch, a cabin in the woods. Somewhere that feeds the soul. Away from the hustle and bustle. Away from the daily grind. And more into Southern Hospitality that I've always so loved. A place where you know your neighbors and you bake them a cake just because. A place where community is a part of life. A place where rest lives, love grows, and boundless freedom lies.

And in case you have no clue of the greatness I've talked about in this post, please take it upon yourselves to take a visit to the local youtube videos tagged below. You're welcome.

Somewhere with you

Automatic

Meanwhile back at Mama's

Give me back my Hometown

I Hold On

No comments: