Thursday, February 2, 2012

I've learned

I've learned that I can never make everybody happy. Someone will be hurt, disappointed, frustrated, confused in any given situation of life. The people pleaser in me would say otherwise. But I know now, maybe even for the first time, that no matter what I do to "appease" the masses, it's impossible to please everyone, every time.

I've learned that true friends are a rareity in this world. You know, the ones that stick by you regardless of what you say or do. Regardless of circumstances. Regardless of distance. Regardless of time. Those friends, who pursue and love in everything are a gift.

I've learned that risks are hard and being the "bigger person" is a lot easier said that done. I've learned that persecution happens, and sadly, it's found the most within 'christian' community.

I've learned that life is too short to go through the motions of the everday.

I've learned that mistakes are just little reminders to stay humble and moldable by Him.

I've learned that guilt and shame are 2 very big vices that the enemy uses to suck the life out of us on our earthly journey.

I've learned that loving is easy, losing is difficult, and starting over is scary.

I've learned that Christ's love is sometimes hard to accept, but it's life changing and refreshing when you finally do.

I've learned that friends will disappoint, family will hurt, and people that barely know you will judge you in the worst of ways. But I've learned to love them regardless.

I've learned that I don't think things through very well sometimes. I don't pause to wait on the Lord. No, I get too impatient and too hurried to rest in His answers.

I've learned that it's better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all.

I've learned that His grace is sufficient, in every situation, even the one's I seriously mess up.
 
I've learned that He is the provider of everything I need. The protector and defender of my heart.
 
I've learned to see beyond the walls of those brought into my life and into their hearts. Seeing their true selves, though outwardly they'd try and convince me otherwise.
 
I've learned
His peace
His grace
His love
is for anyone.
 
And I've learned that the "greatest of these is love" and "to love the Lord your God with all your heart, mind, and soul and to love other's as yourself."
 
Love wins. Everytime. Period.

No comments: