Sunday, August 28, 2011

Simplicity

Recently, it seems that God is over and over revealing the simplicity of his love and eternal sacrifice. For so long my life has been led by all these colloquialisms, all this verbiage of who God is, what God does, how God works, when God's coming, where God's leading, etc. All of which are good things to study and to understand. The truth of the Gospel is so much deeper than we can ever even begin to fathom.

But, at the same time, Gods love is simple. He chose to create us, we chose to disobey Him and ureka we have what has now become our world, our reality. But the hope is no longer gone for God, in an example of eternal forgiveness and sacrifice sends himself, in His son, to this messed up, sin ravaged world and says, 'because I love you, because I choose you, oh humans, whom I created in my own image, because of all these things, I'm going to take what you've made perverted and make it new. How? Through my death for your sin, my burial for your choices, and finally my being raised to life again so that you too can walk in freedom, forgiveness... So that you may have LIFE once again!'

And the best part, He sends His Spirit, which is far too often forgotten, as our constant companion. The spirit makes it's home in our hearts...

If
We
Choose
Him

Simple. Everything, and I mean everything, that is the Christian life, is all dependent on one choice. Our choice to chose Him. He's already chosen us... And He leaves the door open to our response.

Simple, right?

But we fall into the 'what if' trap and the voice of the enemy resounds... 'What if this is just a bunch of hype? What if this God never actually shows up? What if everyone makes fun of me, or better yet, what if people walk away from me because of my choice? What if I lose everything tangible... Everything I know and love??'

What if...

But what if you're wrong? What if you don't choose freedom? What if you just keep living your life without Him? Just take a few moments to see the brevity, the depth, the reality of these questions.... Does it mean fear/anxiety for the rest of your life? Does it mean drug or alcohol addiction for the rest of your life? Does it mean continually walking in abusive sitations? Does it mean working your life away without a purpose? Does it mean going through the motions every minute, every hour, of every day for the rest of your life?

What if I told you, the simplicty and the grace of the gospel breaks the chains? What if I told you the mercy of the Father washes you clean, to perfection? What if I told you LOVE overcomes all the fears? What if I told you this one choice could bring you everything for life on this earth? Would it be worth it???

Simple.

Choice.

What's yours??

No comments: