Saturday, January 1, 2011

Transitioning from 2010

NEW Year.

Isn't it amazing how every January 1st we get the opportunity to start a new year with a clean slate? Another year is gone and a new one has come. Man what a year 2010 was - full of challenges, change, and courage. One that I will not soon forget. Praise God for the trials. Praise God for the tests. Praise God for the mountains of difficulty that this life of mine brought this last year. There's not a moment that goes by that I don't remember His grace, His mercy, His love as the agony of life came. Praise our Faithful Father!

For the first time ever (I think) I have yet to write "new year's resolutions". I did not sit down and write a list of goals for 2011. I haven't even thought past the 1st day of 2011. And for some reason, that's totally okay with me. I don't need goals, I don't need resolutions - all I need is my sweet Jesus to walk beside me and guide my every step. Sure there are things I'd like to accomplish, like starting my own business or taking guitar lessons, but I know those things will come. Keeping our eyes on Jesus is what takes us from today into the eternal tomorrow. His plans and His will are what we should follow...

"in his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps." - Proverbs

The Lord determines his steps. That is a morsel of truth that I've learned greatly this year. I'm a planner - always have been. But this year has taught me that no matter what I think I'm going to be doing, no matter what I have planned, He often has a different stance, a different direction for life. Over and over my "plans" for 2010 failed, but those failures were just what I needed to realize that it's not about me, it's not about my timeline - it's about Him, always.

So I sit here tonight looking ahead to 2011 and wonder "what's next?" And all I hear is the simple voice of the Father saying:

One.
Day.
At.
A.
Time.

1 comment:

amy lynn said...

Hi Tany. I randomly came across your blog tonight... I just wanted to say thank you for sharing this. It's exactly what I needed to be reminded of as I literally sat here trying (and failing) to plan what's next. Instead I will keep my eyes on Jesus and trust He will lead me one day at a time. So thank you for sharing your heart...it has blessed me tonight. :)